Terms and Conditions of Business
(i) You: the person (whether individual and/or on behalf of another/others) instructing Compensation Guru Ltd. t/a Compensation Guru by way of electronic signature in respect of his/her/their flight delay/cancellation/overbooking claim(s) in respect of compensation as set out under EC Regulation 261/2004.
(ii) Us: the Firm you have instructed to carry out the above.
(iii) It is assumed by us that, where a claim is brought on behalf of one or more persons that you (the signatory) have sought and gained the explicit consent of those named in the claim and that you agree that you are personally liable for any contentious matters pertaining to those named should these transpire to be the case at a later date. For example: we are successful in achieving you and ‘Ms. B’ 400 Euro each in respect of a delayed flight from Manchester to Tenerife. Therefore, our fee would be 200 Euro compromising of 100 Euro per claimant. However, ‘Ms. B’ is not willing to pay our fee because she says she did not give her consent for you to make the claim on her behalf. Unless you are able to evidence otherwise, you will be liable for her fee in this instance.
- These terms and conditions form the contract you have with us. Please spend some time reading them carefully and keep a copy for future reference. We recommend that you do this either by printing this page or by saving it as a ‘screenshot’.
- We ask that you keep in touch with us and remember to tell us of any change of address or other contact details (eg. mobile number) at your soonest convenience. Please let us have any documentation (eg. boarding pass) we request within a reasonable timeframe so that we can process your claim as efficiently and as effectively as possible.
- Of course we charge for the successful work we do for you and our charges work out at a flat 25% of the amount we recover on your behalf. This fee only becomes payable if we win otherwise there is no charge, as we haven’t recovered anything for you.
- However if you terminate our instructions at any time (beyond the initial 14 day cooling off period) or you don’t cooperate with our team in providing requested documentation then we reserve the right to charge for the work we have done which we set at 25% of 250/400/600 Euro, depending upon the distance of your disrupted flight.
- We are here to recover monies on your behalf but if at any time you feel you have a complaint with the service you are receiving you must first record your complaint with the person conducting your claim. If you still remain dissatisfied then please ask for the complaint to be passed to our Complaints Manger who will then fully investigate your complaint and report back to you.
- You agree to accept and be bound by our Terms and Conditions when electronically signing the Form of Assignment.
- Your statutory rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 are unaffected by these terms and conditions and in particular your right to cancel this Agreement at any time in the period of 14 calendar days, beginning with the day after the day on which this Agreement was made.
- Should you wish to terminate our agreement, we request that this be clearly stated in writing (email is acceptable) at your soonest convenience.